It took me a VERY long time to come around to meal prepping. I’ve known about it for at least a year now; I follow quite a few meal prep instagrams, but it wasn’t until three weeks ago that I decided to jump in and give it a try.
Meal prep is an investment in yourself. You have to take the time to research meals that are both healthy and convenient, and then you actually have to take the time to cook. But you are WORTH it!
So, here’s my meal plan for this week:
- Shakeology –> I change up the shake depending on my mood. Sometimes, it’s just plain Shakeo + 10oz. of Original Unsweetned Almond Milk. On days I have more time, I’ll add a banana and some PB. 🙂
- Tex Mex Quinoa from Mind Over Munch (M/W/F)
- Grilled Chicken + Sweet Potatoes + Veggie (T/TH)
- Greek Yogurt
- Cucumbers & Tomatoes
- Cheese Sticks
- Turkey Sausage Sticks
- Nature Valley Protein Bars
- Monday 9/28
- Tuesday 9/29
- Maple Dijon Chicken Drumsticks + Mashed Potatoes + Veggie
- Wed 9/30 → Dinner with Friends
- Thursday → Alex works late
- Friday 10/1
- Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches + Veggie
- Saturday 10/2
Right now, I only prep lunches/snacks for the week. I really do enjoy cooking, and so I am grateful that I now have the time to cook almost every night. I try to use my crockpot as much as possible though; I just got it, and I am IN LOVE with it! 🙂
Meal prepping doesn’t have to be scary. You might make mistakes your first few times, but that’s okay! I’m always happy to answer your questions or give advice/suggestions :).